This manual covers the following topics about Alfa Dispenser Installation:
- Important Annoucement
- Prior to Installation
- Redlike Setting
- Alfa Administration
Please note that this manual aims to help you set the dispensing software Redlike 2 correctly. There are some steps which must be taken prior to Redlike 2 installation such as any driver installation and licensing of third-party products. DESO development is not responsible for such applications and cannot provide support for them.
Documentation about other products but Redlike 2 shared here is purely informational and it is only a suggestion for our customers. Other drivers, their versions and instances not described in this document may result in a different behaviour.
Prior to Installation
Before you start with Redlike installation, please make sure to have done/checked the following:
- your PC is fulfilling the minimal requirements for Redlike
- if the machine is communicating with a serial port, the user must have the rights to communicate with it (Windows as well as Linux)
- the computers are connected via network (and communicating) and you know the correct IP address or hostname
- the machine computer has the latest firmware version (it must be up-to-date, at least from September 2019)
- your machine has been set by Alfa or their service organization
- your machine has been calibrated
- your machine has the colorants assigned to the correct canisters, etc.
- all colorants are from a single Alfa dispensing system
- the machine is communicating correctly with Alfa Administration
No driver but two computers communicating with each other within one network. One computer is a direct part of the tinting machine and the other computer contains Redlike. They are connected via web browser.
Necessary to know: IP address or hostname.
(Install Redlike) Run Redlike and click on the user panel in the right bottom corner to log in as admin
Open the left menu
Select Driver settings
Select Alfa Rest API as your machine type
Into the Host field, type the IP address of the machine computer or the domain name of the dispenser and Save changes
What if both of the computers are not in the same network?
If both of the computers are not in the same network, it is required to ensure that the communication gets through firewall.
Double-click the Helper icon in the taskbar (similar to Redlike icon) and open Redlike Helper
Restart RCC (Redlike Control Center) by clicking on Stop and afterwards on Start again
Minimise the window and return to Redlike. Here, click on RCC Reconnect in the bottom part of the page
You will see that the machine is connected to Redlike when the initialising bar changes to idle
You will be given the correct path.
You will be given login and password (contact us if not)
After logging in, you can administer the tinting machine, assign colorants to canisters, etc.